ClusterMap

Monday, February 1, 2010

My reason for doing Parkour

(This post is unrelated to the Transition Year Module, Mr. 'L', please ignore this in terms of grading)

Although there are probably many thousand of reasons that people will come up with for doing Parkour in the first place. My reason is quite simple.
The reason I love Parkour is that it has no boundaries. The only limit is that of your imagination and the progression of your physical ability. When I started off Parkour back in the mid summer of '09 I was scrawny, weak and didn't see much point in getting out and working my muscles till I am sore and burning. Now its different.
As I was slowly introduced to the possibilities of Parkour I hopped on the first chance I got. I started to get a feeling of achievement every time I did a technique right, and over time I started to string together different moves and felt a true sense of freedom. I got stronger, faster, more efficient. It worked for me.
With more popular sports like Soccer, or even BMX/Skateboarding, our confined to there respective locations, i.e. soccer; pitches, BMX/Skateboarding; skate parks. Parkour you can do anywhere and everywhere. It is adapting to your environment and physically over-coming anything. Any obstacles, any enviorment, any challenge.

1 comment: